In today’s work world, a strong personal brand is more important than ever.
Creating a custom website and having a detailed LinkedIn profile page can give you an edge when you are in the hiring process for your next job opportunity.
To help you shine online, here are some tips you can follow:
1) When developing your online brand, emphasize your unique skill set.
According to Jessica Hagy, Careers Expert, “Your portfolio is proof of your insights, expertise, and taste. Building one is a process that can keep your skills relevant, sharp, and marketable.”
Search for people who you admire and review their website and brand for inspiration. Create a draft of the pieces you want to include in your portfolio or website.
Don’t forget to add a link on your resume to your LinkedIn profile.
2) Make your LinkedIn profile stand out!
LinkedIn is critical to anyone’s job hunt; don’t forget to have a full profile.
How can you make your LinkedIn profile stand out from the crowd?
1. Choose a good quality headshot as your profile image.
2. Write a LinkedIn headline and summary that captures your essence.
3. Fill out the skills section of your profile.
4. Create thought leadership content and post to your network.
By hosting a personal website and having a strong LinkedIn profile available, you are more likely to be found by top companies looking for your talent.